The CoolHeating project promotes the implementation of "small modular renewable heating and cooling grids" for communities in South-Eastern Europe.
The objective of CoolHeating is to support the implementation of "small modular renewable heating and cooling grids" for communities in South-Eastern Europe. CoolHeating transfers knowledge from partners in countries where renewable district heating and cooling examples exist (Austria, Denmark, Germany) to countries where there are less examples in the sector (Croatia, Slovenia, Macedonia, Serbia, Bosnia-Herzegovina). Core activities, besides techno-economical assessments, include measures to stimulate the interest of communities and citizens to set-up renewable district heating systems as well as the capacity building about financing and business models. The outcome is the initiation of new small renewable district heating and cooling grids in 5 target communities up to the investment stage.
Main CoolHeating publications: handbook, guidelines and tools
- Handbook on Small Modular Renewable District Heating and Cooling Grids
- Guidelines for initiators of small heating-cooling grids
- Guidelines on improved business models and financing schemes of small renewable heating and cooling grids
- CoolHeating map on the best practices
- Economic calculation tool for small modular district heating and cooling projects